|Marinating in progress|
16no. Large Banana Prawn
4 tbsp Tamarind Pulp
8 tbsp Water
3 tsp Sugar
3/4 tsp Salt
5 tbsp Cooking Oil
1. Extract tamarind juice by adding water to tamarind pulp and start pressing or squeezing with hand.
2. Trim off pointy bit on prawn head with a scissor (you may choose to remove the heads if you prefer) then devein prawn by slitting the back and slowly pull out the urinal track. Rinse prawn then dry with paper towel.
3. Mix salt and sugar into tamarind juice. Then pour juice onto prawns and mix it with hand. Marinate for 20 minutes. (You may remove the pulp before cooking)
4. Heat up wok then add cooking oil. When the wok is ready, put the prawns into the wok and sautee til prawn turn pink and slightly caramelised.
5. Serve immediately with sprigs of coriander as garnish.
|Chive, Spring Onion & Carrot Omelette|
Have I said it yet? I absolutely love herbs! What about you?