|Beautifully Risen Pandan Chiffon Cake|
Unfortunately for me, I didn't inherit any family recipe from my mom nor my grands, but thank heaven for internet, I could easily find a good recipe online. I used this recipe from Nyonya Food (My recent discover for Nyonya recipes) of which received lotsa great comment.
|Extracting Pandan Juice|
8no Medium Egg Yolk
2oz or 56.7grm Sugar
2oz or 1/4cup Pandan Juice(Made from blending 6 Pandan Leaves with 1/4 -1/3 of water)
3oz or 1/3cup Olive oil/Corn oil (I used olive oil in this case)
5 oz or 142grm Self Raising Flour
8no. Medium Egg White
15oz or 42grm Caster Sugar
Pinch of salt
*I've converted the unit from Oz to Grams or Cup as we're more likely to be using these units.
|Step 1 & 2|
1. Beat yolks and sugar lightly using a whisk til sugar dissolve.
2. Stir in Pandan Juice and Oil into mixture.
3. Fold self raising flour into egg mixture (like a slightly thick batter consistency).
4. Set aside.
5. On another big bowl, beat egg whites til light & frothy (make sure bowl is clean and not oily).
6. Slowly add in sugar and pinch of salt while beating at high speed.
|Step 7, 9 & 10|
8. Preheat oven at 175 degrees.
9. Using a spatula gently fold in egg yolk mixture into egg white mixture (meringue).
10. Once that's done, pour mixture into an ungreased 26cm tube pan (*try lining baking paper at the bottom of pan and side of pan).
11. Bake in the oven for 40 - 45mins.
12. Once cake is cooked, remove cake from oven immediately and invert pan onto wire rack to cool before removing cake from pan.
* I didn't line any baking paper while making them, hence wrinkly & ugly appearance.
|Old people's hands|
|Souffle like texture|
Happy baking XD!